Pages

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Simplicity 1221 1940's vintage look pinny.

My latest make was from this pattern. I wanted to do something quick and easy.

The pinny took longer than I thought it would and was a little harder than super simple. I find simplicity patterns not the easiest to follow. Does anyone agree? I think I may prefer Burda.. but I will keep going and try some more to see if I am right. Plus Simplicity do do some lovely patterns

I changed it slightly and didn't cross the straps at the back. As I do intend to wear it, and I wanted it to be easy to take of and put on. I also attached some buttons at the back.
I used some old fabric and the pocket is smitten kitten from Michael Miller, I had a little scrap left from another project.

On to the next - which is another simplicity...
 
the weather is gorgeous!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, but goodness those apronscan be more work to make than a whole dress! One of the reasons the straps cross at the back is to stop the shoulder straps slipping off. I have fallen for aprons that don't have a neck strap, which I get tired of. I just made a pretty one like the baristas are all wearing here - it has D rings at the back where the waist ties are usually set, and the neck ties come down, cross over and thread through them then tie. Very comfy, if a little odd to get into!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Maryanne. I like the Edwardian style aprons, but like you I cross over the straps at the back, found the straight ones kept falling off. I also don't like the neck loop type bib aprons. Grace.

    ReplyDelete